Monday, November 17, 2008

I Blinked

When I wasn't looking, my baby turned into a girl. A tall girl. (Pictured with her Papa -- discussing world events.)

I think the long hair really makes her look older. She told me she wanted "flat hair...like yours, Momma." I told you guys my stringy hair look was "in." And I love the hand in the pocket...big girls shove their hands in their pockets sometimes...that's how they roll.


My Silly Sophie is still there, under all that hair...
I blinked again, and my Dad is looking more and more like his father, C.D. (I think it's because they shaved off his beard and mustache at the hospital...suddenly I can see his face and I realize that I've seen that face before. And a third blink. My tiny boy with the dandelion hair turned into a roly-poly old man with a comb-over.
I think I'm going to stop blinking in an effort to slow down the spinning of the world.

2 comments:

Lauren W said...

Sophie does look so big. Sigh.... Maybe I shold be glad that Bennett has absolutely no hair. And what happened to Jameson? Where did that big boy come from? He is absolutely adorable. I really hope we can see you guys at Christmas

Unknown said...

i loved the blog and
the sophie, it's beautiful! Congratulations, you have a wonderful family, love to know a little more about you .. love stay in touch ^ ^


kisses