Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things Heard 'Round the Webster House Lately

If you were a fly on the wall in our house this week, this is what you might have heard:

"I'm all done pooping and I'm touching my toes!" I blame Frank for this one...he thinks it's a good post-pottying stance. For some reason, I much prefer changing a diaper to the process of helping a three-year-old wipe her bum.

When Sophie came home with a pile of art from school, I spotted a beautiful rainbow-colored picture of Martin Luther King, Jr. I asked, "Who's this guy?" Her response? "OOOOOoooo-BAMA!"

In response to "Why do we have to listen to the mommies and daddies?" Because if you don't, there will be chaos and anarchy and little kids running around on an island with a pig's head on a stick and everyone will be looking for a little boy named Simon. And she said, "Oh. Simon."

"A little bitty CUPcake, a little bitty CUPcake!" This is Sophie's favorite song right now. It's "Hotel Room" by Regina Spektor and the line is actually "a little bag of cocaine," but we changed it by screaming out our new lyrics everytime Regina talks about drugs. It's working for us, but it makes me hungry.

And, finally, in response to something I may or may not have said to her when she was requesting a certain breakfast menu: "I am NOT DELUSIONAL!"


No comments: