Saturday, January 27, 2007

There Goes the Mother of the Year Award

Sophie loves to help out in the kitchen. She sweeps, she rearranges the Tupperware cabinet (several times a day), and if you hand her a paper towel, she drops to the floor and starts scrubbing. Sweet little Cinderella girl. Her favorite chore is unloading the dishwasher. Usually she pulls out forks and spoons one at a time and hands them over to me, but she recently discovered that she can stand on her tippy toes and plunk them into the drawer all by herself. She even grabbed a pot lid from the dishwasher and ran to the correct cabinet. Frank doesn't even know where the pot lids are stored!

Yesterday she was busy, busy, busy with silverware so I stepped away to the table to check my email on the laptop. First she brought me all the forks, one by one. Then she returned them, one by one, to the dishwasher. Then she rearranged them for a while. At least, that's what I thought she was doing. Turns out, she had really been on her tippy toes digging things out of the silverware drawer. When I stepped back into the kitchen I saw that she had loaded all of the steak knives -- blade UP -- into the dishwasher. Luckily she did not slice or dice herself in the process.

Since I have no pictures of her knife-juggling talents, I will post some pics of her tin foil sculptures. She had fun building with tin foil, then dancing with it.








No comments: