Monday, March 31, 2008

One GIANT leap forward, four babysteps back...


Sophie used the potty all by herself on Saturday! She got an M&M and she FINALLY got to put a sticker on the potty section of her BIG GIRL CHART (she has tons of stickers for carrying her plate to the kitchen and for sleeping in her big girl bed all night, but this was the first potty success). We've been putting her in panties most weekends, now, but with no luck. We would take her to the potty every 20 minutes, but she would inevitably wet her pants about thirty seconds after leaving the bathroom.

Laney came over on Friday night and used the potty and got an M&M -- I'm sure that's what did the trick! Of course, after Sophie's big success in the morning, we had a few setbacks during the day (Elmo rainbow panties, then Curious George, then Hello Kitty with the hearts, then another Hello Kitty pattern). No matter. It was a HUGE success. And doesn't she look proud of herself?

2 comments:

Maggie said...

The big girl chart is genius - aren't you supposed to tell me about this stuff?! I mean, I guess you just did...

Lauren W said...

YAY, Sophie!! I am so proud of her. And I love the big girl chart as well. Another idea I am stealing from Aunt Stacy.