Sunday, February 18, 2007

May Cause Excitability in Children

Sophie has a cold. A sneezy, hacking thing. Believe me, we've tried to document the snot bubbles coming out of her nose because they are HI-larious. To us, anyway. Sophie brought me the snot-sucker thingie and a kleenex the other day, patting herself on the chest and saying, "Goo ger...goo ger" (which means "good girl"). She normally HATES the snot-sucker thingie, but she was willing to undergo the torture for some relief, and I always tell her "Good girl!" when we're done with the procedure.


Nini has been giving Sophie half a dose of Benadryl for Babies before naptime and it has worked like a charm. It dries up the nose faucet for a while and she crashes hard for her nap (she even took a 4 hour nap one day last week!), then wakes up happy as a clam, ready to play. Last night I gave Sophie a half dose before bedtime because we were up later than usual and she was a bit wired (and super snotty). She went down at 9 p.m. but talked to herself until 9:30. Then she woke up at 10:30 and 12:30, but we ignored her and she soothed herself back to sleep. At 2:30 she was awake and screaming, so I couldn't ignore it. I went in and stayed with her until 3-ish because I fell asleep in the rocking chair. We met up again around 4:10. And then she was awake...I mean WIDE AWAKE talking and giggling at 5 a.m. I took her into the guest bedroom with me, but she kicked and squirmed so we got up at 6 a.m. Frank said he went in and patted her back twice in the night, so I'm thinking that she may have actually slept for what...about 45 minutes?! Now I'm afraid of the Benadryl...but I may chug some myself so I can nap this afternoon.


Here's Sophie, helping herself to some Kleenex that was in her top drawer. Little monkey.







1 comment:

Maggie said...

HAahahahaha! The kleenex pics are awesome! Gotta love a monkey!