Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Nyuck peas, ack yoooo

Sophie is going to the doc tomorrow for her 18 month appt. so I've been trying to mentally count up her words since they ask about that during her check-ups. There are quite a few Sophie words that aren't exactly English, though, so I thought I'd make a mental note of those here so I can remember how creative and cute Sophie's vocabulary was at 18 months. You know, before we make her conform.

SOPHESE VOCAB LIST #1:
peas = please (or sometimes peas; it's all about context)
ack you = thank you
down = up (and vice versa, of course)
Caaa dis = Callie sit
puck = cup (No, I don't think she's dyslexic. Just confused.)
pettle = pretzel
cuckoo = cookie
nyuck = yogurt
beeeebeeees = babies but beebees = raisins, in the same vein that
Nini = Melanie but Neeeeee = Laney
Cy = Lucy
stk = stick (which she also uses to describe leaf, tree, bush, and other outdoor things)
Jew = juice
boon = balloon
bana-bana = banana
Night-night = nursing, not sleeping
Pitty-pitty = pretty
Mo = more (and it's her favorite sign)

Things Sophie says with precisison, articulation, and clarity: book, apple, car, pizza, no (well, actually, it's usually the Fort Worth sounding round "o" in No so it sounds more like Nooooooooooooooooooooa), + the standard Mama, Dada, Uh-oh, and Bye. Actually, she says Bye-eeee because she's imitating me imitating Sally which I didn't know I was doing until I heard her saying it and recognized the Sally in it.

Things Sophie has said ONCE to blow our minds, but not repeated: orange, computer, Frank, Dakota, A-B-C-D

Her FAVORITE word is GULLY GULLY GULLY, and she tickles your chin when she says it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Sophie so much! This blog makes me feel like I am there though. Tell her that Uncle Rob and Aunt Lauren love her.

Anonymous said...

Sophie misses you, too, Aunt La-la! I heard you're coming to Austin for a conference this summer. We're going to have so much fun!