Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jealous much?

Dearest colleagues,

I catch you staring, and I know you must be admiring my look. I realize that I was wearing jeans today and that it is NOT spirit day. I've got spirit, yes I do. But did you notice the subtle details of my ensemble? Like the new hole I poked into my belt with a kitchen knife because I don't have time to shop for new jeans (or a belt) that would actually fit my in-between post-pregnancy body? Did you love the oversized sweater that I threw on at the last minute when I realized it was in the '40's this morning? I didn't even notice that stain on the sleeve until I was in the car and halfway to Sophie's school. Nice touch. Would you, too, like to achieve "stringy" when styling your hair? My trick is showering without actually getting my hair wet (because after packing lunches and bottles and pulling napping materials out of the dryer because of the "incident" yesterday that required us to re-wash everything, I just didn't have any time left this morning to dry my hair). And the coup-de-gras? My scent: the faint smell of sour milk lingering in my clothing after driving all over town this morning with a forgotten bottle that has apparently rolled under a seat. I half-heartedly searched for it when I got home today, but I didn't want to disturb Jameson's snoozefest.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, people.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

falling. on. the. floor. laughing.
quit stealing my look, stacy...
xoxox

CN said...

I just have to say as one of your colleagues that you are ONE HOT MAMA!

Trish said...

I only know you via my sister, Tanya Mast, but I have to tell you that you are one of THE funniest people on the planet! As a fellow mom, I have SO been there!