Monday, April 30, 2007

What's in a name?

Tonight's conversation at dinner:

Sophie: Hi, Momma. Hi, Daddy. Hi, Mommy. Hi, Daddy.
Me: What's your name?
Sophie: No.
Me: Who's that?
Sophie: Daddy
Me: Who's that?
Sophie: Coggie (Callie Doggie)
Me (pointing at Sophie): Who's that?
Sophie: No.
Me: Can you say Laney?
Sophie: Naney.

And the conversation continued as above with us saying names and the little parrot repeating: Nini, Maggie, Adam, Kate, Jason, Lucy (which sounds like Lulu), Nana, Jeff, Jordan (more like JoJo), Ashley, Grandma Kate (she said Gra..., then spit out "Baga!"), Paw-paw (this is Grandpa Jerry), Lupita (sounds like Pitapita), Taz, Vanessa (Baness), Max, Madeline (Madada), Mamaw, Grandad (Dad-dad), Rob (Wob), Laura and Lauren, then a scrunched up face at the name Hazen, then finally back to...

Me: Sophie
Sophie: Hwettie
Frank: Sooooooo
Sophie: So
Frank: Feeeee
Sophie: Fee
Me: Sophie!
Sophie: Hwettie!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Ha. That's cute that she could say Laney. Laney sometimes calls Sophie "Soapie," and sometimes "Ahkee." Don't know what Ahkee has to do with it, but at least we finally figured out what she was talking about.

Melanie, Adam and Carter said...

I sometimes call Sophie "Soapie" so maybe she got that from me. I also sometimes call her Monkey Butt because it makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I often scrunch up my face at Hazen's name too!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame her for scrunching up her face at Hazen. People often look at me that way when I say it!