Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tragic Mistakes of a Young Mother

Sophie has these two little baby dolls that fit nicely in her hand. She likes to hold them and rock back and forth saying "Sssh ssh ssh ssh." She's attentive and loving and nurturing...but not so big on infant safety. Today she was in her room reading a book to one of the babies, and I left her there to go make my bed. She came rushing in saying, "Uh oh, baby! Uh oh, baby! Help! Help!" I followed her back to the scene of the crime:

Yep..Timmy's down the well, alright. Here's Rescue Attempt #1:

She was none too happy that I was photographing the event instead of helping, so before MY baby got stuck (and I really did have a quick image flash through my head of hauling her into the emergency room with this toy stuck on her elbow), I leapt into action and "delivered" both babies. Sophie was SO relieved and lavished them with kisses:

4 comments:

Maggie said...

OMG, laughing so hard. This is the funniest post ever! How did you get them out?!

Melanie, Adam and Carter said...

Maggie, you should know that Sophie learned the trap-the-babies-in-the-toy game from...LANEY!

Amanda Bindel said...

I am cracking up, too! I can just see her coming to get mama, "uh-oh, baby."

Anonymous said...

We learn what we see.... What have you all been doing with that child instead of getting a babysitter??? I can see the entire scenerio.

Love you all and happy mom's day?

PS I am assuming that "Kaki" went with you all to the farm??

Diana down the street