Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Day of Preschool

We experienced another "first" today: the first day of preschool. And it seems that we have all survived quite nicely. Don't get me wrong -- Sophie cried when we left and I cried on the way home -- I mean, we barely know these people and we just drove away! But when I returned, they hadn't sold her to the gypsies or made her sew tennis shoes together. Instead, they learned about monkeys, and that is a subject that Sophie loves to discuss. Apparently she took a nap today (I have no actual proof that she slept on a little blue mat on the floor, but that's what the people are trying to tell me), and while she had some sad moments, she also had some moments when she was interacting with all her new friends. And that's the whole point.

Here's Sophie on her first day of school, with her backpack, lunchbox, and new converse tennis shoes: (Oh...and clean face and cute piggies so they will love her, of course.)


When I picked her up from school, she told all of her new friends, "Bye! See morrow!" Then we went to order her birthday cake for this weekend and she got to have a special cupcake treat to celebrate school. Yes, yes, I know. I shouldn't comfort her with food. But she's too young for a margarita!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Congratulations, Sophie! We're so excited for you. Any by the way, if they don't love her I will punch them hard.