Thursday, October 22, 2009

The State of Health Care

Tonight, Sophie was playing in our little breakfast room and I got invited into her imaginary world for a moment.

Sophie: And what is your name, sweetie?
Me: Mrs. Lollycolly.
Sophie: Okay, Pollypolly...and what do you need today, honey?
Me: Um...I don't know. What are we playing? (If it's restaurant, I typically ask for eggplant parmesan. If we're playing airplane, I definitely want more peanuts, honey roasted, please. If it's school...well, I don't wanna play that one. I'm thinking of dropping out.)
Sophie: I'll fix your nose, Mrs. Cauliflower. Bing! You're fixed!

And then she started "typing" into the cash register. And then she demanded money from me. Ten dollars.

Turns out we were playing doctor's office. Or, more accurately, billing department. That's okay -- I prefer her copay and the bedside manner was quite nice, too.

No comments: