Monday, July 28, 2008

Proof of Reincarnation?

Sophie often refers to her past lives. She'll begin conversations by saying, "Remember when I flied that helicopter?" or "When I was older I did that..." or "When I used to be a doggy..." She has even referred to times when she lived with God. Oof. Pretty heavy stuff...

Today she was noticing my belly (we talked a lot about my belly and disappearing lap when I was pregnant). Here's the conversation:
Sophie: You belly going away?
Me: Slowly but surely.
Sophie: You not going to be a momma anymore?
Me: I'm always going to be a momma. I'll always be your Momma and I'll always be Jameson's Momma. But I won't be a pregnant lady anymore.
Sophie: I'm not a lady, but you are.
Me: Thanks. You'll be a grown-up lady someday.
Sophie: No, I'm an old man. You want to be an old man next time?
Me: Yeah...maybe.
Sophie: And you can blow you horn!
Then she pretended to play a trumpet and wandered away.

No comments: