Sunday, February 1, 2009

One snooze forward, half a snooze back

Friday night, Frank put Jameson to sleep around 8:30 (I was at the hospital meeting Nini and Adam's new baby, Carter!) -- Jameson fell asleep after drinking about 3 ounces. That's a light snack for him. He slept past the midnight mark and woke up at 2:30. Since that was about six hours, and since he had missed the midnight feeding, I went ahead and nursed him back to sleep. When he woke up again at 3:40, I let him cry and fuss himself back to sleep (about 20 minutes).

Last night was similar. He went to bed a little later than usual -- around 9 p.m. -- and slept past the midnight mark. He woke up around 2:20 and I fed him. At 4:00 a.m. he cried and I gave him a pacifier and left the room -- not sure how long he fussed because I went back to bed and fell asleep. Hooray! He woke up around 7:30 a.m.

We're getting there. I know he can probably sleep through the night, but one feeding a night is okay with me for a week or so. Then we'll try to get past that hurdle, too.

No comments: